Our Mission: The Bay View Historical Society encourages a sense of community by conserving, celebrating and sharing Bay View’s rich heritage.
Membership is open to anyone interested in supporting our Mission through projects and programs.
Annual dues are:
- $20 Individual/$17 Senior Individual (Age 65+)
- $30 Household/$25 Senior Household (Age 65+)
- $30 Nonprofit/Small Business
- $55 Corporate
You are invited to become a member and be a part of our exciting programs and projects. All you need to do is fill out the request for membership form.
Download the Membership Application here. Please print it and send your request to:
The Bay View Historical Society
(Attention Membership Chairperson)
2590 S. Superior St.
Milwaukee, WI 53207-1954
General membership meetings are held the first Monday, every other month from February through December except August.
- The October meeting includes business dealing with finances and board elections. In February, April, June, and December a program of some historical significance/theme is presented, followed by a social hour. A historic walk replaces the August meeting. Be sure to check the calendar for programs and specific details.
- Guest speakers present programs on various aspects of Bay View and Milwaukee history.
- Classes on writing your Guided Autobiography.
- Monthly house concerts featuring local musicians.
- Historically inspired art for Bay View Gallery nights.
- Partnerships with Wisconsin Public Television and Osher Institute for Lifelong Learning.
- In addition to offering an opportunity to learn and think about history as it relates to Bay View, we offer an opportunity for members to share the history of this unique community.
- Location: Beulah Brinton House – 2590 S. Superior Street
- Time: 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
- Community Agreements – Members of the BVHS work in collaborations throughout the area. We agree to the following as our way of working together:
Our focus is on the mission of the organization and working together to assure it happens.
Our commitment is to attend, participate and be part of the work that is presented at the monthly board meetings, members and organization events.
Our interest is in furthering the current and future needs of the organization by working as colleagues, not on personal agendas or interests.
Our conversations and decisions reflect an honest and objective perspective, assuring respectful behaviors at all times.
Our work reflects our beliefs of being a community, coming together as role models and leaders to make a positive impact on its people.
Board Meetings are held monthly. All members are welcome to attend the Board meetings, check the calendar for dates & time.
As a Bay View Historical Society Member, you qualify for special discounts at many Bay View businesses. Just show your membership card when visiting any of the following Bay View businesses for specific benefits.
NEW – please use your 2015 BVHS membership with preferred providers:Attorney – Kathleen Tessmer 2616 S. Kinnickinnic Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53207 414-744-8767 Auto services – Bay View Service 2642 S. Howell Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53207 414-483-3333 Discount on oil changes Chiropractic Services– Dr. Anne Maedke 3064 S. Kinnickinnic Ave, Bay View, WI 53207 414-747-8822 Free phone consultation for current BVHS members Design Services – Brandon Minga “The Vintage Future” 262-497-0449. Discount for current members Framing and gallery services – South Shore Gallery & Framing 2627 S. Kinnickinnic Ave, Bay View, WI 53207 414-481-1820. Discount for current members Locksmith – Quality Safe and Lock 2315 S. 13th Street Milwaukee, WI 53215 414-383-5430 Printing – Colonial Quality Printing 2997 S. Howell Ave. Milwaukee, WI 53207 414-489-0218 Salon Services – Lovely Salon 2165 S. Kinnickinnic Ave, Bay View, WI 53207 414-482-7271 Discount for members and welcome package for new BVHS members Snow removal and landscaping– Stano Landscaping 414-358-1800 Services Beulah Brinton House including donated snow removal over 3” Tax Services – T-Q Tax Service by J. Toutenhoofd 2993 S. Kinnickinnic Ave, Bay View WI 53207 414-486-1800 Profits are donated to quality of life programs for seniors through non-profit organizations And we are pleased to continue member benefits with the following merchants: Alice’s Bead Company -Alice Konkel
San Remy Gallery-Marshall Building Milwaukee, WI
481-9198 Discounts for members available.
First Weber Realty
2613 E. Bennett Ave. Senior Realty Specialist
In appreciation of your business, you’ll receive a courtesy gift.
Hi Fi Cafe -Best HOME MADE food and coffee in town!
2640 S Kinnickinnic Ave
contact Mary Hart & Sarah Jones Discounts for current members!
Luv Unlimited – new and used vintage clothing and more . . .
2649 S Kinnickinnic Ave
contact Sage Schwarm & Becky Heck Discounts for current members!
One Mohr Production – character actors for all ages and events!
2339A E. Malvern Place
contact Kathleen Mohr
South Shore Gallery & Framing
2627 S Kinnickinnic Ave
contact Shelly LaLonde Discounts for current members!
2995 S. Clement Ave.
contact Frank Tenuta
Wild Flour Bakery
422 E Lincoln Ave
contact Dolly & Greg Merton